Students belong to four house teams that promote connections to our Catholic story and a deeper sense of belonging. The Houses are named after significant people involved in the foundations of the Catholic Church and Catholic schooling in the Clarence Valley. Houses are used for sporting events, assemblies and gatherings.
Craig House is named after one of Grafton's earliest citizens, Richard Craig. Born in Ireland, Mr Craig lived and worked in Maclean as a cedar cutter and a guide to the Clarence River area. He travelled widely and pioneered the traffic link between Grafton and Armidale known as Craig's Line, allowing large parties of new settlers to move from the New England Tableland into the Clarence Valley. The colour of Craig House is yellow.
Hawthorne House is named after the Hawthorne family, one of the first Catholic families to arrive in the Clarence Area. Alexander Hawthorne and his wife, Mary, came to South Grafton in 1841 with their five children, Catherine, Maria, Julianna, Timothy and William. Their eldest child, Catherine, was the first Catholic born in the Clarence area, and their youngest child William is believed to be the first Catholic baptised in the district. Timothy became the purchaser of the land to be known as Hawthorneville at the top of Bent St, Sth Grafton. The colour of Hawthorne House is blue.
Phillips House is named after William Phillips, who came to the Clarence Region in 1938 with a party of shipwrights and sawyers to build a 250-ton barque and a 170-ton brig. The colour of Philips House is green.
Wilson House is named after William Wilson who came the Clarence Region in September 1939 to survey the south side of the Clarence River for the government and built a cottage on the top of a hill, which had since, been known by his name. The colour of Wilson House is red.
Our School Patron is St Joseph. He was the Father of Jesus and faithfully served the Holy Family.